Friday, March 16, 2012

Chicken Scratch Embroidery

Chicken Scratch work is very easy to do either on a matty cloth or on a checked cloth(gingham fabric)..

now iam going to post the pics of my old saree which i totally converted into another new one..its a plain saree with a checked pallu..so i thought to make use of some embroidery on it and when googled , came to know about chicken scratch embroidery...i did this method on my pallu and the outcome was very good..3 years back i did it..i embroideried small 2 designs heart nd diamond in pallu body and temple border on edges..anchor cotton threads were used..



wrong side
if you feel that the wrong side is messy,you can sew a thin lining piece on that side..but i dont think its necessary..i didnt do that and it didnt hassle me anyway for 3 years until now even though i machine wash it..
for a good tutorial go thru this site which i found last week..hope this helps..

6 comments:

sandhya said...

wow..............wonderful and colorful blog.very nice embroidery work,now iam very busy with my son

Leelagovind said...

thanx for visiting here..my hugs to your little one..:)and love to aashi too..

viji said...

Aha.....
I remember the day.
I first cameto know about this stitch from you only.
Then I got interest init and learnt and done a lot. Really you are my role model for doing this type embroidary dear.
viji

Leelagovind said...

thank you so much viji for the compliment..anyways glad to know that you have used the oppurtunity to make lots of beautiful chicken works..i saw them all..WONDERFUL!!!!

shami said...

Wonderful chicken works.

Www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

Shani said...

Hi, I happened to bump on your blog. But trust me your such an awesome lady with so many qualities

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...